Tuesday, November 18, 2008

  • I learned a valuable lesson today: when things get too quiet always check on the children. I went downstairs to find the kids in their fort. They had taken my coat and emptied the pockets. Nolan was using my bright red Loreal Color Juice sheer lip color. It's sheer on the lips, bright red on everything else. Nolan was coating a lego with the lip gloss and then pressing it onto their skin for a "stamp".

  • Avrie brings me a piece of paper and a pencil at Grandma's on Saturday. "Draw Daddy's butt. Draw Daddy's butt, Mama, draw Daddy's butt." Seriously. Where does she get this stuff??

  • One day last week Avrie came crying to me "Nolan hit me." "Nolan Nels Anderson, why did you hit Avrie?" Nolan says, sobbing, "but Avrie pointed at my blanket". This was at breakfast. Yes, it was a very long day.

  • I went winter boot shopping (#55) on Saturday. We went to DSW and TJMaxx and didn't find anything under $80. We went to Unique (we should know by now not to leave it as a last resort) (if you don't live around here, Unique is the best thrift store in the Twin Cities) and I found a pair of Reports that sell for $108 for $19.95. Wahoo. And they are way cute and hip and happenin' and like new. Wahoo.

  • We're closet purging and rearranging tonight. I have something cool up my sleeve that hopefully I'll share with you soon.

  • I just realized I never posted pictures of Avrie's room...I'll hop on that tomorrow.

7 comments:

Melissa said...

Awesome on the new boots! The pair I have are soo ancient...I got them in 7th grade for a field trip (in the dead of winter) and have worn the same pair ever since. They're black and purple...yes, I rock!

Amber said...

I really wish we had Unique around here..you always get so lucky. I love Report boots, but the new style wasn't out yet when I went shopping for them and I found a white pair @ Aldo...I paid $60instead of $99, but I've had my last pair for 3 years, and I wear them almost everyday in the winter.

Mindy said...

don't you know how offensive it is when someone points at your blanket?! ha - kids are a hoot.

Neisha said...

it's amazing what kids will get into and play with when mom's not paying attention. mine do that too

Jessica said...

Hey! U dont know me. I dont know you! ha! Im a blog hopper and I love your blog. Your kids are ADORABLE! And your blog is GREAT! I get annoyed when I look at my map and see all these places and I dont know anyone from there, so thought Id say Hi and let you know Im the dot from LV. Hope you dont mind. I believed I hopped from the Andersons that live here.. are you related to them?
Jessica.

Anonymous said...

i was at unique today! (burnsville one) found some cute things...not really any one big steal tho. the kids had fun with all the funny hats.

Ethel said...

i'm gonna try a unique if i have time when i come up there this wk. end..if i plug in Unique on google hopefully i'll find it! ummm. kids still have issues years older than yours. My 9 and 8 year old sons had a major fight this week because Garrett was wearing Timothy's shoes. Timothy hadn't started wearing them yet..they were new..so Garrett thought he'd give them a try. Their fight was so intense i made everyone stay home..we didn't go to the y! goons!