Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Mooshy Squooshy Goodness

We sat down with the kids last night before bed and each had to share something they loved about their siblings and parents. Great way to feel the love! Never mind that there were Valentine presents at the end of it. Good incentive to lovey dovey up the sibs. I was looking for a bit more depth - but, hey - they're kids and this love stuff can be embarrassing!

Heavily paraphrased -

Avrie -
Dad: He's funny.
Nolan: He plays with me.
Mom: Cuz she cooks good stuff.
Cole: Cuz he's my little brother.

Nolan -
Dad: That he builds with me.
Avrie: Cuz she's funny.
Cole: Cuz he likes me.
Mom: That she's a good cook.

Cole -
Dad: I love him cuz he makes coffee.
Nolan: He makes Avrie be funny.
Avrie: Her laugh.
Mom: A good hugger.

Dad -
Nolan: He's very creative, a thinker, dreamer, always in his head.
Avrie: Such a good singer, artist and she always gives me the best hugs before bed.
Cole: He's goofy. And he's pretty sweet!
Mom: She's my girl. She's a 'good cooker.' She knows me.

Mom -
Avrie: She knows what she wants and sticks to her guns. Very sweet.
Cole: He's my little baby. He's home with me all day.
Nolan: That he loves to read. Loves.
Dad: He loves me. He works hard so I can stay home and raise my kids.

The general consensus seems to be that I can cook. I'm thankful they appreciate it. Valentine supper was: Roasted Brussel Sprouts, Peppers, Parsnips; Linguine with Butter, Lemon, Pepper, Parsley and Parmesan; Chicken Piccata, Salad Greens with Apple, Pecans, Feta, Raspberries, White Balsamic Vinaigrette; Blueberry Pie with Ice Cream; Lemon Drop Martinis.

It took all afternoon to prepare and I loved every second of it. I love, I feed. I'm loved, I'm full.

6 comments:

Lani said...

I would have to concur... you feed your family well. :) It makes my heart smile that you are full. Happy Belated Valentine's Day! I'm glad yours was a "rich" one.

Neisha said...

yum! sounds like a great meal

what a good idea of sharing what you love about each other!

Mindy said...

i love this post. the lemon drop martinis intrigue me. do they taste like lemonade? you must have quoted evan exactly, cuz i could almost hear his voice!

Anonymous said...

Love this, Shannon. Keep cooking! :)

Ethel said...

feed me feed me!! pick me!! oh...sounds like an absolutely loverly doverly feast. neat that they love your food! i would love your food! love what you all said about each other. bet you all felt a little bit more special than usual just because of that verbal feedback!! great idea!!

Swenson Family said...

high five mama! great meal, great pick-me-ups for the whole family! keep up the great work. and wow...SOUNDS TASTY at your house :o)