Friday, January 27, 2012

Check!

"Real" school wasn't in session today. The Three Nerds spent the morning reading chess directions and watching how-to clips on youtube. The older two know what each piece is and how it can move. That's more than I've learned in nearly 30 years. I love the lighting of this cruddy phone pic. I love the bunny holding down the game. I love N&A mimicking mannerisms. This picture makes me really, really happy. They had been signed up for after-school chess club but it was canceled due to lack of interest. Major bummer. I mean, how funny is this: Avrie in chess club. A regular riot, right!?

I took the kids out for no-school lunch today. We eat our delicious Thai. The bill comes. I rummage in my purse for my money. Uh. It's at home in my coat pocket. Yep. Uh huh. That really embarrassing thing that you hope never happens. Happened. Luckily, they know us all by name and the owner laughed it off and said we're welcome without money anytime. Thankfully, I had a crumpled check floating in my purse that he accepted even though they don't accept them. Pays to be a loyal customer. Oh. And we broke a glass the second we sat down. I tipped well. With my old-fashioned money.


6 comments:

Mindy said...

try getting ready to pay for your groceries that are all unloaded at the counter & realizing that your wallet is not in your purse. the worse part is i was super annoyed at the person in front of me who tried to pay with the wrong card & was denied! lesson learned, be patient. i guess i'm still learning that lesson. and i love your nerds & the bunny too.

Ethel said...

haa! hate that when that happens and yes, usually a smile and sincere apology and a passel of kids gets us off the hook!!

Ethel said...

chess would be great for Avrie...i bet she'd do wonderfully well!

Anita said...

Love that pic, too!! Loved the whole post, actually! ;)

Lani said...

LOVE it! My kids pull up a chair in front of the computer and watch Wild Kratts on You Tube. :)

Jen said...

So cute! I think it's awesome that they want to learn chess! FUN!! :)