Monday, March 24, 2008

Children -- FREE!

This long, long weekend has taken toll on the brats and me. We HAD to go to the grocery store this afternoon or we'd have almost starved. Nolan immediately demands a treat for being good the moment we enter the store. He immediately proceeds to be HORRID. I tell him he's not getting a treat because he's being naughty. At this point I have 3 things in the cart. He starts screaming bloody murder "I am good, Mommy. I AM GOOD". Yeah. So, because we needed to eat I kept shopping, much to the dismay of the other shoppers. Many sympathized with me but I did get a few scowls of "I should call CPS". Oh, and I'm carrying whining, kicking brat #2 under my arm. #1 screamed the entire time. Entire.

I hope to get some wedding pictures posted later tonight. If I haven't killed my kids and been hauled off to jail.

7 comments:

Lani said...

I'll add mine to your list. ;) Kekoa has had some behavioral issues of his own as of late... including a box full of Capri Sun juice pouches being dumped all over the toys and basement floor. And then followed that up a few days later with some bubble bath. Argh. Sorry if this is a repeat. I probably already told you, but it feels good to add my children to your "free" list, anyway. Ha.

Lani said...

p.s. Sorry you had a bad grocery shopping experience. I didn't mean to make my response all about my misery. ;)

Gwen said...

I remember having the same mondays when my own 2 kids acted the same as yours:P
moms have tough mondays
especially when the wkends are packed with nonstop attention from many different people.
XOXOXOXOXOXOX

Melissa said...

HAHAHA, have I ever mentioned that I LOVE reading your blog?!?!?? Because then I know that I'm not alone and other people's kids act exactly like mine do. So I AM sympathizing with you, but you did bring a smile to my face tonite, so thank you!

Anonymous said...

Shannon, I have to comment as well....I love reading your blog as your life seems much like my own! Kids somehow EVERYTIME rule our lives! Thank goodness there is a day that we will look back and be able to laugh! =) Keep smiling!
Dorena

Mindy said...

ugh, that's why i usually go grocery shopping alone if i can. i know what you mean about starving if you don't go. we will be in that boat soon!

Brenda said...

Too bad we didn't live closer to each other. I really miss having little kids around. I could get my "kid fix" while you get your groceries!