Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Yawn, Itch, Curse, Itch...Repeat.

Yawn. I had a long night. So, it's like 10:30 and we are attempting to fall asleep. Evan had black tea after supper so he's wide awake. My foot starts to itch. And I mean itch. And once you start, you can't stop. I itched for about 40 minutes. Then I moved on to an ice pack to see if I could numb it enough. Didn't work. Then I rubbed Vaseline on it to see if I could soften the skin enough that it would stop. It made it worse. Then I discovered that I could peel off all the dead skin. So I peeled for 30 minutes. Ahhhhh! But it still itched. I dug around in the cupboard and found a tube of expired Benadryl cream that said it could be used on burns. It burned. So I washed that off and attempted to wrap my foot as tight as possible in ace bandage in hopes that this would stop the itch. It didn't. I then attempted to distract myself by reading a new book that I had had Evan pick up at the library for me earlier. He was embarrassed to pick it up, if that gives you any indication of the sort of literature it was! But even that wouldn't distract me from the horrible itching. I have no idea how I finally fell asleep but I did shortly before midnight. And then started the strange and disturbing Heath Ledger related preggo dream. My throat started hurting something crazy about 4 a.m. I did get up with Evan at 6:30 and had a shower, which made me feel .5% better. Klara came at 7:30 and my goal today is just to stay alive with three kids. And it's a preschool day. Ugh.

10 comments:

Amber said...

Hi- i enjoy reading your blog...i'm one of the friends from Wi. Did you know Heath Ledger died yesterday(tue)?Check out our blog, you look familiar, so maybe we've been at conv. or something?

Shannon said...

Yeah, I think that's why I had the dream about him...from the news of his death.

Mindy said...

What?! Heath Ledger is dead?! I had no idea. I'm sorry you're itchy Shannon, but you did make it entertaining to read about.

Melissa said...

Sounds like you had a FUN night!! Aren't preggo dreams just the best? At least your kiddos were good and stayed in bed all night...because they would've gotten up just about the time you finally fell asleep! Hang in there!

Ethel said...

ok...you have me curious now. who cares about the itching ( actually i do and am quite sorry..a sign your healing but you know that) but what is the name of THE book????

Shannon said...

i was wondering who would be brave enough to ask!! dr. laura berman's passion prescription, 10 weeks to your best sex ever! but it'll probably take 14 weeks around here with sickness and pregnancy =) heeeeeeheeeee! there. you officially have too much information! hey, we need to be well rounded in all areas of life, right? oh, and he also picked up another book with it called something "help meet" that was written by some branch of hutterite faith all about how to be a good wife. it's a downright infuriating read. look for the review soon =) so he was real thrilled to pick those up for me....he claims he got a strange look =)

Lani said...

Ha! I knew Ethel would get the nitty gritty for us. That was gonna be my question, too, but I see the cat's outta the bag. :)

Mindy said...

I actually kinda liked the help meet book. Although I didn't actually read it, just paged through parts of it.

Ethel said...

you have yourself a good MAN there who would pick those up for ya! take care of that one! now i know what to ask my husband to get me for my b'day ( hee hee)

Tara said...

Shannon your blog is way too comical - I just love how you share EVERYTHING! Keep up the blogging so you can keep us all laughingscsxhzv