Saturday, May 05, 2007

Rant!!

We believe in good food. We don't have a problem with spending money on organic, locally grown and raised food. But this just blows my mind. I went down to the new Lund's on University and Central. Absolutely horrendous. I can't believe people pay that much for their food. The conventional produce was MORE than what I pay for organic and the co-op or Target. Example: a pre-cut fruit tray that had 1/4 (as in one quarter of the fruit) cantaloupe, 1/4 honeydew, 1/4 pineapple and maybe 6 strawberries. $16.95. What?? You could buy the whole fruit and still be ahead. Clif Nectar bars are $1/each at the co-op and Lund's wanted $1.79/each. I had driven all the way down there in the rain so I bought a few things to justify the drive. $26 for cheese, crackers, cream and orange juice. I feel robbed.

1 comment:

Sara, Justin, Simon and Max said...

I totally agree!!!