- If you're suffering from low self-esteem I recommend heading over to the local Old Country Buffet. In no time at all you'll feel like a goddess.
- I decided we need to drastically cut back on how much we eat out for mainly financial reasons but also because we've been eating really crappy lately. So we decided to give it a go for 2 weeks (no eating out unless someone else is paying!). Then I remembered we had already scheduled a dinner date with friends tonight.
- And then I caved this afternoon and picked up lunch for the 3 kids and I. If I hadn't done this, we wouldn't have been done eating until at least 2.
- Wild rice soup two times in one day makes for really, really insanely nasty diapers. Like, seriously. I have changed way more than my share of poopy pants today.
- I hear Nolan whimpering downstairs and poke my head down the steps to ask him what's wrong. "I have poop on my hand". Oh yippee. I feel so lucky.
- I hit the treadmill for an hour while the girls were napping this afternoon. It didn't up my seratonin as much as I'd hoped. Although I got my dose of House and feel like being snarky and sarcastic for the remainder of the day/week/month/year/life.
- Avrie is queen of the tantrums today. I've lost track of how many times I've wanted to deck her.
- I hate candy. Valentine's WEEK sucks. I'm very thankful that Nolan's preschool class gave out stickers, pencils, etc. He only got 2 suckers, a licorice stick and a tootsie roll for candy. Oh, and I hate it because it makes the kids crabby. But also because I can't leave it alone. And that's so weird because I hate sugar candy...at least I do when I'm not pregnant.
- I'm only 9 1/2 weeks and I'm already rubber-banding my jeans. I am not looking forward to digging out the maternity clothes. At all. I wish I was loaded so I could buy all boutique stuff and look halfway decent.
- I am going through severe scale withdrawal. I feel lost. I've tried to get Nolan to tell me where it is but he can't seem to remember where he watched Evan hide it. Which is strange since that kid seems to remember every single little detail of his life.
- I went to scrounge up some clothes for meeting and, on a whim, pulled out my "too-big" bag from the closet to see what was in it. Well, what have we here? My scale! My husband is a horrible hider....behind almost-maternity clothes?! Not too brilliant! So, I immediately peed, stripped bare and hopped on. I was pleased to see I've only gained a pound and that's a pound that might be lost in the morning! Wheeeeeee! Now I'll see how long it takes him to read this and discover that he has to find the scale in order to rehide it. Heeheeeeeeeee. Unless Garret reads it first and tells him. Likely, I guess. I feel mean....I really do like you Garret!
- I did BodyPump last night for the first time in 3 weeks and I wasn't as out of shape as I thought I was.
- I love seafood. I'm craving mussles and scallops and salmon and shrimp and, like, the whole sea.
- I'm so
pissedannoyed (is that more becoming?) at Blogger's spellcheck. It's been defunct for two weeks.
- My new favorite artist singing my new favorite song:
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Time to Purge *edited
It's been awhile since I've spewed some random thoughts: