Wednesday, August 08, 2007

From the Mouth of a Babe

We sang grace for lunch today and Nolan says "I didn't close my eyes cuz it helped me sing louder". I explained to him that we close our eyes when we pray so that we can just think about praying and not be distracted by things around us. He says "oh, that's beautiful". I have such a wise little boy!! What he really meant was that our eyelashes are more visible when we close our eyes. I always tell him he has beautiful eyelashes.

Nolan got his last buzz of the season last night (unless September is hot) and I wish I had a camera to take a picture of it. I did it 1/8". It's short, short, short! Our camera officially died the day before Avrie's birthday party. We're hopefully going camera shopping tonight after meeting.

We went to the neighborhood block party last night and met two of our neighbors (that's all that showed up!!). Super nice people that live two and three houses down and we've never met. We've lived here 3 1/2 years. I took a big bowl of chicken and cherry pasta salad which I'll be eating all week since there were so few of us. I had it for breakfast and lunch. I'm going to be very sick of it.

I had a 60% off coupon for Mill End Textiles so I got some wild fabric to make a tablecloth this afternoon during naps. I only paid $4.79. Cheap tablecloth! Now if I can figure out the sewing machine...

No comments: