Monday, February 05, 2007

Randoms

Made a batch of dairy-free hot cocoa for Nolan and I this morning. Wonderful!!

1 can whole coconut milk
1 cup water
2 Tbs cocoa powder
2 Tbs maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract

Whisk together over low heat until hot. Delicious! Thick, rich and creamy!

My New Year's Resolutions were pretty lame this year...but I've been doing great! Just two...squeeze the toothpaste from the bottom of the tube and have cooler showers. My showers are usually just the hot water...I literally scald myself. And it's been really hard on my skin and hair. So I've gone cooler and it's kind of refreshing. I'm sure my skin and hair will thank me.

I've been trying to stay motivated the last two weeks. My motivation this morning was a pot of Caribou's original. I cleaned my fridge out this morning. It was disgusting. Absolutely disgusting. I took everything out and put all the shelves and drawers in the shower. There wasn't anything "growing" in there but lots of crumbs and lint, etc. So now it's all sparkly clean.

Kids Say the Darndest Things: Last week I got out of the shower and put my robe on, which has a big embroidered heart on the back. Nolan got a big smile on his face and said "Mommy, you Tenderheart!" (The CareBear).

Avrie is off and crawling. Waaahhhh...My baby has grown up way too fast.

No comments: